Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

What the hell is stopping you? Go for it!!!!


Just another random thought. I was sitting here thinking about how so often we don't follow our hearts, or don't follow through on things we have claimed we are "gonna" do "when the time is right" etc. Usually this hits home for me when I find out that someone has passed away. ESPECIALLY someone very young. It makes me think of all the dreams they must have had and didn't get a chance to fulfill. All of the things they said they were "gonna" do. Every time something so tragic happens all of a sudden, I am EXTRA motivated to do all of the things that make me happy, and work towards all of the things I want to accomplish.
When I come to the cold hard realization that I won't be here forever, suddenly I get an overwhelming feeling to GO FOR IT! Whatever it is (doesn't matter) personally or professionally. But then when such harsh thought leave my mind, I am back to my old ways. But the truth of the matter is, it should not take someone dying, or something negative happening for us to follow our dreams.
So often, the thinking is : well, if you DON'T die tomorrow, you will have to live with the consequences of choices you made today. Yes, this is most definitely true! I am in no way suggesting that we go doing crazy things that could really hurt us or someone else in the future. BUT I am saying that people need to stop being so concerned with all the WHAT IFs, and just live life to the fullest. We sit around waiting for the right time and sometimes "the right time never comes". Always waiting for a sign or something drastic to happen before we make our move toward happiness and success. If we take it upon ourselves to declare "the right time" then it is THE RIGHT TIME. So I say the right time is NOW......

2 comments:

  1. our lives are what we make it as they say...i'm a firm believer that the lives we lead are dictated by actions. if we are not where we want to be in life it is up to us to change it. no one can do it for us. unfortunately, i'm one of those who KNOWS what they want to do, but doesn't know how to get there. maybe i do, but afraid of it. i'm getting old so i better figure it out fast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya! I have that problem sometimes myself. Just stuck in one place cuz I dunno the next step to take. But I guess this was a kick in the butt to myself to tell me to stop making excuses! I guess I just needed to read it right there in front of my face.
    But as far as ya being old, u r not old! my mom is 44 ( I think) and I still dont consider her old. she still got it going on!!!! I dont want people to consider me old when im in my 40's!

    ReplyDelete

All the things your grandma won't make and more!
One of a Kind Crocheted fashions from Wild Child Dzigns, plus random rants that have absolutely nothing to do with anything lol!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails